Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

What are you wondering????

Sorry I have been a little inactive, but I have been having a blast with my family for Thanksgiving, my friends at our VAST conference and my students...but now, I am ready to blog again! 

So as I sit by my computer today, I am thinking about wondering...

Do you wonder?
Do you ask your students to wonder?

Scientists wouldn't be anywhere without that magic word.  This magical time of year is the perfect time to wonder in your classroom, too.

 I have created several wonder sheets that are available for FREE on my Teachers Pay Teachers website that will help you implement wondering in your classroom.  This first packet will be the wonderings of weather and winter.  I have used photos to spark the creativity in us all.  You can use these as warm ups, morning work, and even homework. 

Check them out:   http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/What-do-you-wonder-about-winter-weather


Also, I am really curious as to what you are wondering about science instruction.  I am about to be at home for four weeks as I recover from surgery and would love to be able to devote some time to answering your questions.  Please leave me a comment and I will make sure to read them and hopefully answer them.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the winter packet. My third graders still find wondering challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder about science instruction with the new common core standards! I am from Ohio by the way. It will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete