Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's all about Relationships....

Wonderful Wednesday!

My kids absolutely love Wonderful Wednesday....no this is not a science day or even a prize basket sort of thing.  It is a way I can give feedback to the kids and let them know I care.  Do I use candy as a "treat"?  Yes, but not for a special few - for everyone.  Here's what I do...


I sat down at the computer one night and brainstormed all the things I liked about my class.  I tried to pick things that were academic, social and just good manners...The list is ongoing at at the end of the blog you can see where you can purchase it - already done!


IMAG0535.jpg    First, print off several copies of each page.  (I like to print it on colored paper.) Cut them into strips and clip together with a paper clip or put them in an envelope. Then lay them on a table top so you can see them all. I like to see all my choices when I pick them...

        Next I call each child individually to the table and pick out a saying that specifically fits them at this time.  I also give a piece of candy…that never hurts.  However, this year I have a diabetic student and this has caused me to "rethink" the candy treat...
     I have found that all kids do something good every week and giving them recognition is a powerful tool.  I never leave anyone out and I never make it a "backhanded" compliment.  My kids love this and keep them taped to their desks!  If I forget, they remind me..that says something, doesn't it?  To see the document I have created, go to http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Wonderful-Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment