Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

What's the T in STEAM?

T is for Technology!  Now, hear me please...there is a reason my blog is called ScienceGal and not TechGal! This is not my area of expertise.  Still, I am jumping in with both feet as we add new techno gadgets into our school this year.


Let me set the stage....we are in a partnership program with University of Mary Washington in which they are helping us create a "Maker Space".  The professor in charge is looking to see how elementary kids will use this space to create, design and innovate.  If you are not familiar with the Maker's Space movement, check out www.SylviaShow.com . This website is really fun and introduces you to all the goodies that are in the market today!


What goodies do we have coming?
*3 D Printer
* Squishy Circuits
* Makey Makey
* Humingbird Kits
* Lego Robotics
*Tools
*and more!

When school starts again, I will be glad to take a few pictures and post them with comments about what we are working on at the time!

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very interesting. I have done squishy circuits at several PDs this summer and it was so fun. I can't wait to implement it this year.

    ReplyDelete