Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

Step One: What will the year look like?

Truth be told...I'm a little nervous....I'm launching a new format today for this blog and it makes me a little scared. As a reflective practitioner, I thought...what can I do to make ScienceGal better? How can I express myself in a manner that is easier to understand? 

This is what I have come up with - it's still a blog, but with a video/audio component. There will still be visuals, photographs, freebies and also a few things for purchase.  ScienceGal has always been a way for me to express what is going on in Science Education.  It is based on best practices, sound pedagogy and upcoming trends.  

If you read my last post, you will know I am currently on a mission to help teachers take part in a paradigm shift.  A shift that will take them from "traditional, silo teaching" to a more all encompasing science centered classroom.  I have even uploaded an audio/powerpoint mix to the last blog so that you can "hear" my thoughts as an introduction to this new topic. 

So how would you start to think about planning for the year? Oh...in order to see how this works, you will have to listen to the audio component.  Leave a comment after you do!  I will pick 3 comments and send them the Rube Goldberg Design brief for free! But you have to comment on what you liked, didn't like or other helpful suggestions in order to be placed in the drawing. The drawing will take place on Sunday, August 2nd at 8pm EST. Make sure you leave a comment by then! 

Okay...drum roll....here it is! Click on this link to see the presentation. 

Don't forget to leave a comment! 

PS - I don't know why some of the text is messed up in the presentation.  It didn't look cut off when I was recording it.  I am not sure why it changed when it was published.   





Comment:

No comments:

Post a Comment